Destination Wedding Flowers: A new series

Ok. I need live flowers in the Dominican Republic. Now what?
My wedding is not the only one around the corner! My family is blessed with TWO this October, one in New York and one in the Dominican Republic. Although I've done wedding flowers before, this will be my first time arranging flowers outside of the United States.

My biggest hurdle seems to be to find a reputable wholesale fresh-cut flower supplier in D.R.! This will take every ounce of business sense I have stored up in me, and with the help of some high-school Spanish courses I might still know the proper conjugation for "I know I sound crazy but I need like 200 high-quality lilies by 9am tomorrow so who is your farmer?!"

Because I'll be learning so much in this endeavor, I'll share what I learn with you, and maybe this will help a few other brides planning destination weddings to save time and money! (I wasn't able to find anything helpful on this topic online).

This might even help a few people who for whatever reason (quality, price, etc) are looking for new suppliers for their craft but aren't sure how to go about it and strike a killer business deal that is the best solution for everyone involved.

Easy Method: Get flowers shipped 2-3 days in advance using a great supplier (I personally recommend getting one of Global Rose's fantastic wedding combos.)

If you can't do the easy method, try the below.

Part One: Researching Floral Suppliers Abroad
Part Two: Contacting Your Suppliers With bonus Spanish vocabulary and script!
Part Three: Meeting, Purchasing, and Arranging (final series post)

Stay tuned and "Follow" if you think this will be of help for you or someone you know!

NEW Get your free printable - the DIY wedding flowers checklist! I made it just for you so you don't forget anything important when the time comes to do the arranging! Get it here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Content by Laura Gabriele